[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 164, Issue 15

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 11:39:16 GMT 2019

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 17:28:30 -0500, "M R Dolbear fm"
<little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, at 22:16, Marc Wilson wrote:
>

>> >1960s and 1970s.  It was heated by a 100-watt light bulb (yes, kids,
>> >regular light bulbs used to draw 100 watts, or even more!) and could
>> >cook small cakes and small batches of small cookies.
>>
>> We had bulbs up to 250W here in the UK, before they were replaced by CFL
>> and LED.
>
>Looking for a CFL replacement for a 150w  or 200w bulb is a long hard struggle.
>
>A 40w bulb someone wanted for an incubator for baby chicks was fairly easy.

It's trivially circumvented in the UK, because "industrial" bulbs are
currently exempt from the regulations.
--
If not for the risk of false convictions, I would support a mandatory death penalty
 for major spammers. Either that or imprison them with a computer until they've