[LMB] Random thoughts on the First Wife

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue Jan 15 16:04:38 GMT 2019

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 01:47:19PM -0800, beatrice_otter wrote:

> Beatrice Otter:First, unless you blew the head clean off, the lack of
> a brainstem would be discovered in any autopsy. Not to mention that
> the facilities to grow a clone to adulthood don't exist in the Nexus
> that we've seen. It's probably technically possible, but even if you
> don't want the clone's brain, the body needs to be exercised and the

I think it was said that they can grow to adulthood, but the rich people
who do this sort of thing don't want to spend months or years in
physical therapy dealing with the lack of tone, thus the Jacksonian way.

Though this raises the possibility of more ethical rich people who do
take the PT route.  The dilemma would be starker if such transplants
really aren't viable, though if they are that makes the Jacksonian
customers that more vile.

-xx- Damien X-)