[LMB] A Herm question

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jan 16 23:26:13 GMT 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 01:34:21PM -0500, Sylvia McIvers wrote:
> > From: Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
> >
> > Fred:
> > or for those of us with more traditional leanings, the herm who bore
> > the pregnancy could be mother (mum, mom, ma, mama, etc) while the sperm
> > donor could be father (dad da daddy, papa, pop, etc).
> >

> How does the uterine replicator fit in, then?  Unless one is barbaric
> enough for body-births.

Well, lessee here...
for a "normal" replicator birth, I imagine the road of least resistance
is to get an egg from a fertile female and a sperm (or a whole bunch)
from a fertile mail and use them. That still allows the mother/father
roles (or at least titles) to be followed.

In cases where they have to start with two arbitrary (non reproductive)
cells, it is certainly a more cloudy issue.

Imagine the fun keeping things straight if one child's (herm) mother
becomes the father of a new sibling. that would mess up some (non-herm)
people's minds!

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.