[LMB] A Herm question

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 05:50:54 GMT 2019

I think all children in the family would use whatever the eldest started using. So, we're back to unisex appellations.

My fifteenth thought, courtesy of David Bowie is: "I'm an alligator. I'm a momma-poppa coming for you." Alligator being too much for
the infant mouth, "momma-poppa" is my favorite. I don't care what it sounds like in the song.

"Wa-wa" might work, as well.

So many nicknames have gender connotations. For example, "dam" (dad plus mom/mum) sounds like a female horse. Parey (from
parent) sounds too much like "pere", I think. "Mad" or "Mud"? No.

Or it might just go to straight endearments, like "lovey" or "honey". (I think of the Betans speaking American accented English. I
know the Barrayarans are polyglots.)

Mapa or Pama might work, as well.

Or just for randomness, Koo-koo.

Such fun!