[LMB] A Herm question

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 06:45:37 GMT 2019

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:37:44 -0500, Damien Sullivan
<phoenix at mindstalk.net> wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 11:51:56PM -0800, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>
>> It’s okay, Gwynne, I understand. Brains must have an agenda for some of us.
>>
>> Call one Robin, Leslie, Hil(l)ary, and the other another unisex name—all I can come up with now. I just can’t think of a pair of ungendered words or terms that doesn’t sound contrived.
>
>Chris, Pat, Sandy... and more!
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unisex_name
>with numbers!
>http://www.babynames1000.com/gender-neutral/

A lot of names are occasionally re-purposed in a gender-skewed way.

Sometimes it's just a shortened version which is somewhat misleading (we
have a vegan lesbian blogger called Jack, for instance) but sometimes a
name that's strongly identified with one gender is used for another
(there was a famous wrestler in the UK called "Big Daddy", whose real
name was Shirley Crabtree, and of course there's Stacey Keach).
--
We are all atheists about most of the Gods humanity has ever believed in,
some of us just go one God further. - . Richard Dawkins