[LMB] Choose one

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:49:23 GMT 2019

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> You are going to live for the rest of your life in one of Lois's worlds.
>
> Do you choose the Vorkosiverse, the Wide Green World, or the Five
> Gods World?

WGW is pretty, but it's never more than one malice blow-up away from
global catastrophe.  I don't like the chances.

As always with such questions, I tend to go with the "I like living
with advanced technology, especially but not limited to medical care"
option.  In any of them but the Vorkosiverse, my life would be both
relatively short and agonizingly unpleasant.  In the Vorkosiverse,
they might be able to heal my nerve damage.  Or at least be able to
mitigate its effects.

Joel