[LMB] Sharing Knife - more stray thoughts

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 14:41:58 GMT 2019

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 13:28:04 +0000, Gwynne Powell
<gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

>How much does height affect the way people treat us? Fawn blames
>her height for most of her problems, she believes people wouldn't
>patronise or underestimate her if she was taller.

Research has demonstrated that we (consciously or otherwise) see taller
people as more successful, more authoritative, healthier, and richer
that we would otherwise.  It seems to be innate.
--
The whole history of civilisation is strewn with creeds and institutions which
were invaluable at first, and deadly afterwards.  - Walter Bagehot