[LMB] Sharing Knife - more stray thoughts

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 05:41:46 GMT 2019

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎January‎ ‎23‎, ‎2019‎ ‎10‎:‎28‎:‎22‎ ‎PM‎ ‎JST, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

How much does height affect the way people treat us? Fawn blames
her height for most of her problems, she believes people wouldn't
patronise or underestimate her if she was taller.

Micki: I was a shorty until I moved to Japan, where suddenly I became normal to slightly tall (compared to the war generation,
anyway). HUGE difference in my outlook in life. I kind of drew on that when I was reading about Dono's transformation. I still get a
kick when someone asks me to fetch something from the "tall" cabinet. I'm 163 or so. Did I grow into my height, or was I boosted by
the comparison?

Fawn seems to grow into her height, and we also see in other fiction so many tiny women who rule all they survey (and a bit more).
Napoleon syndrome? Not so much with Fawn, though.