[LMB] Sharing Knife - more stray thoughts

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com
Thu Jan 24 07:53:46 GMT 2019

(re: advantages of height)

> On Jan 23, 2019, at 10:45 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've wondered whether the women in Wen Spencer's novel* A Brother's Price*
> (where maybe one birth in twenty or so is male, and women dominate society)
> are larger and stronger, on average, than men.

I think the ratio is somewhat better than that (the best count we have is of the Whistlers and they were running 1 in 9 or so). As far as size is concerned, I don’t remember anything that suggested that 16 year old Jerin was shorter than his adult sisters. In fact, he was definitely taller and bigger than his younger sisters, since he was the one that carried Princess Odelia back to the farmhouse. I also believe that he was bigger than his kidnappers, but they overwhelmed him with numbers.

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com