[LMB] Sharing Knife - more stray thoughts

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 01:38:41 GMT 2019

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 05:41:46 +0000 (UTC), "M. Haller Yamada"
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Fawn seems to grow into her height, and we also see in other fiction so many tiny women who rule all they survey (and a bit more).

A friend of mine is 4' 10.5" (that half-inch is *so* important), and is
a real force of nature.  She was head of English in a tough school in
South Yorkshire[1].  Her husband recalls the first time he saw her,
chastising a 6' 4" lout  in the school corridor, and the kid was
*whimpering*.

She was once mugged by two 6' blokes and put both in hospital.

[1] When her car was stolen, her year 8 class found it before the police
did, and told her "You'll have no more trouble, miss.  We've had a
word."
--
Wisdom oft lurks beneath a tattered coat.  - Caecilius Statius