[LMB] OT: message formatting

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Jan 25 04:03:32 GMT 2019

On 1/24/19 7:01 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 06:59:05PM -0500, M R Dolbear fm wrote:
>> Over the years the list has had various problem and I assumed it
>> was well known that explicit line endings triggered zigzag
>> formatting after one or two replies.
> Do you have that problem with my postings?

Zig zag tends to happen when you start mixing email clients where one
does format=flowed and another does extra long lines, and the other
doesn't do anything special.

Or if you mix Outlook with almost anything else.

Thunderbird has a Edit->Rewrap option that fixes a lot of things. I've
seen various editor plugins for Vim. And Emacs does all kind of amazing
things but it has its own email program.
--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil