[LMB] height, was Sharing Knife - more stray thoughts

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 14:15:51 GMT 2019

AIUI, the rapid increases in average height in various cultures/ethnicities
(including the UK) observable from or after about 1900 are thought to be
attributable largely to canned baby foods, which use sugar as a
preservative. Ramp up the calorific intake in the first 2 years of life,
and your Uncle Bob is increasingly likely to play basketball.

It's continuing, also. I'm 6'4" (I.93 metres), and 35 years ago I was very
usually the tallest person in the room ; now any number of students loom
above me.

Associate Member & Director of Studies in English, Hughes Hall, Cambridge
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Mock-Death in Shakespeare's Plays*
The first full study of Shakespeare's favourite dramatic device

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.