[LMB] Children -- repost,

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sat Jan 26 14:24:09 GMT 2019

I thought the sign had both pictures and words. Both illiteracy and innumeracy seem to be common but not the majority.
Consider the family and official book to keep records of just about everything among the Farmers. I wonder if the surprise both of the clerks (I forget the actual name but they function about the same as a county clerk) had at Dag’s literacy was because Lakewalkers didn’t own land.
Among Lakewalkers, reading seems to be mostly for reports and ledgers. Notice Dag’s speculation that Fawn’s slowness in reading at the hotel was due to lack of practice.
In fact, did we see any fiction or any reading for enjoyment anywhere in the SKverse. There is explicit mention in the Vorkoverse and the 5GU.
Could it be a result of the disaster and how long bare survival was a struggle but, if that was the case, I would expect differentiations in both written and oral language.

Sent from my iPhone