[LMB] OT: Kindle DRM.

M R Dolbear fm little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 27 01:53:36 GMT 2019

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019, at 01:18, Howard Brazee wrote:

> > On Jan 26, 2019, at 6:02 PM, M R Dolbear fm <little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm> wrote:
> >
> > I agree with the comments that suggest you made a slip somewhere and should clear everything and try again.
> >
> > When I try the "Download via USB" I get the file
> >
> > Knife Children (The Sharing Knife series).azw3
> >
> > And this is the only file type a Kindle e-reader can handle.
> >
> > ==
> > and got a .azw3 file. I loaded it on Calibre as a KFX file,
> > ==
> >
> > I don't think you meant this.
>
> What do you think I meant?

https://www.epubor.com/how-to-convert-kindle-kfx-to-epubpdfmobi-with-calibre.html

Says If your KFX books are downloaded with Kindle e-ink Reader, then you need to add KFX books to Calibre library from Kindle’s Document folder.

Which is not at all the same as "Download via USB"

--
Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames