[LMB] More stray thoughts

Sharon Micenko wembleyware at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:52:20 GMT 2019

To quote from “Barrayar”

In an Eastern Coastal District belonging to one of Vordarian’s allies, the count suicided upon capture. An anti-Vor group declared an independent republic in the chaos. The new count, an infantry colonel from a collateral family line who had never anticipated such honours falling upon him took instant and effective exception to this violent swing to the over-progressive. Vorkosigan left it to him and his District militia, reserving Imperial troops for “non-District-internal matters.”

The existence of a District militia is somewhat interesting, isn’t it?