[LMB] More stray thoughts

Richard Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sun Jan 27 03:34:00 GMT 2019

 I was thinking of Byerly's children as examples of a line that is _linked_ to a Vor family, but is no longer 'Vor". If Richar got his wish, and iced all existing Vorrutyers, then Byerly's kids would be a natural choice to restart the line, as they have a direct link to the 'old' Vorrutyers.
I was thinking that Tsipis, and many of the staff who run District Vorkosigan, have a family link to the Vorkosigans, making them all members of 'Clan Kosigan', tho not of 'House' Vorkosigan.

Since 'Vor;-ishness is tightly tied to decent, and anything farther from a Count than Grandchild removes the right to use the prefix, I bet that there are many +Kosigans, Rutyers, Halas, or Volks around, everyone knows they're associated to the Vor-name family, but have no extra 'Umph' in their social circumstances.
(They might get Winterfair cards, or such - a ten mark note on a birthday, or first permanent tooth?)

   (well, i'm writing a story where that's a needed plot point, it seem logical, and very useful.)