[LMB] More stray thoughts

David Bowen dmb0317 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 03:54:31 GMT 2019

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM Richard Molpus <rgmolpus at flash.net> wrote:

> Since 'Vor;-ishness is tightly tied to decent, and anything farther from a
> Count than Grandchild removes the right to use the prefix, I bet that there
> are many +Kosigans, Rutyers, Halas, or Volks around, everyone knows they're
> associated to the Vor-name family, but have no extra 'Umph' in their social
> circumstances.

Do you have a reference for your claim? I don't recall seeing it before
this and I believe that Ivan and Ekaterin would both be counterexamples.
Ivan is a great-grandson of Prince Xav, but a more distant cousin to Count
Falco according to Lois. I don't recall any details about Ekaterin's
ancestry other than her being low-Vor, but I'd certainly think that if her
father was a grandson of a prior Count Vorvayne, it would have been
mentioned somewhere.

David Bowen