[LMB] More stray thoughts

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:19:36 GMT 2019

What Gwynne said made me think of the samurai class in old Japan.  The
samurai included *daimyos* (feudal lords) and poor people whose main
difference from the peasants around them was the right to carry the two
swords, wear the *chonmage* (the samurai topknot) and "cut down and leave"
any person of less-than-samurai status who they deemed too uppity.  Even
the lowliest* ronin* (masterless samurai) was still a samurai.