[LMB] Lakewalker mentality

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 03:20:43 GMT 2019

Howard:
>How did they learn about killing knifes?
Gwynne:
>I'd guess it was from killing the original Mage. The
>original magic-user Lords worked out how to kill it,
     Now me, I supposed the original malice-killers used
a FRESH death.  A patroller had to (maybe) stab the malice,
mix blood and ground from his own wounds into the malice-
mess, and arrange his own heart's death, all at the same
time. Teach the malice about death. Dying, though, at that
point, might be the least of the problem.  (Like, sending a
5GU demon to hell by giving it to someone already going
that direction. )  The malice wound, in such an scenario,
need not be caused by bone. (Though with the arrows and
crossbow bolts being "recycled" in and out of the first
Trace malice, it's a bit hard to see what sort of "wound"
might be involved. ) Anyhow, dying right on the spot might
have worked, but be a forgotten technique.
      The idea of PRESERVING a death, canning or freezing
or drying it -- for later use -- probably came later.  And
the techniques for doing so took some experimenting. This,
back in a time and place when the mentality was more
appreciative of such risks. Quite a convenience: choosing
when to die, dying quickly and cleanly, and making such a
death "work" more reliably than in the mess and muddle of a
malice-battle.