[LMB] OT: Kindle DRM.

M R Dolbear fm little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 28 03:41:59 GMT 2019

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019, at 22:00, Howard Brazee wrote:

> I got out my wife's old Kindle Fire, and after charging it, I opened
> Knife Children after I told Amazon to download it to her Kindle.   OK,
> it's there, I can read it.   Then I connected it to my Mac, and ran
> "Android File Transfer".    I expected to see the book in the "Books"
> directory, but the most recent book I saw in that directory was from
> 2017.

My cite was for the (B&W) Kindle e-ink reader

Kindle Fire, "her Kindle"? and more recently Amazon Fire are colour tablets with different internal organisation.

Look for folders with today's date

I found Books/Sidecars/B07N4854NX/ but the actual book text may be somewhere else.

--
Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames