[LMB] Lakewalker mentality

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:01:25 GMT 2019

From: Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>

It is possible that in the past, some people were around who still knew more of the theory and practice of how magic worked, and taught Lakewalkers just enough to do their job.   They knew what happened before and wanted a stable, unquestioning society which wouldn?t be returning to the danger that they were fighting.

Gwynne: They seem to have inherited the knowledge to make sharing knives,
and the reason for them. The ability to sense ground.  And plunkins. If this
was planned, their ancestors could have been a bit more generous with the
gifts to their descendants.

The way Dag talks about the disaster, and the aftermath, and the massive loss
of knowledge, I don't think Lakewalker society was planned, I think it's just what
survived from a group of people who got through the disaster, then realised to
their horror that it wasn't over. They threw a group together to survive and to
carry out the duty, and it just developed from there.

I don't think they planned Lakewalker life or society, but I agree with you that
they gave their descendants some very heavy programming, and the strong
compulsion to keep patrolling. They certainly feel a responsibility.