[LMB] Lakewalker mentality

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Jan 28 13:37:10 GMT 2019

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 2:01 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think they planned Lakewalker life or society, but I agree with you that
> they gave their descendants some very heavy programming, and the strong
> compulsion to keep patrolling. They certainly feel a responsibility.

In the early days there must have been a deep fear of repeating the disaster.   A controlled society that had just the bare tools to fight might be all they trusted.

I am reminded of Miller’s _A Canticle for Leibowitz_.

While the originators might see a downside (fearing the power that created the problem) - I don’t see a downside in having the whole world having ground sensing ability.    But if Lakewalkers were a majority, there could be class issues.