[LMB] Sharing Knife: What's out there?

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Mon Jan 28 16:20:10 GMT 2019

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:32:31PM +0000, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> There's some continents over the ocean - why has nobody, in a
> millennia, come to find them? No boat blown off course, ever?

Because ocean travel is hard?  We went for millennia without Old
World/America or Eurasia/Australia contact.

> No wild explorer, no ship of fleeing mutineers, nobody taking a
> chance? If they know about the other continents, presumably
> the other continents would know about them.

Why haven't farmers saild to those other continents, then?

> And there's supposed to be another community to the West,
> beyond the blight. All those centuries and nobody took a boat
> along the coast, either way?

Does the coast go that way?  If it's like America, Mexico and South
America would be in the way.

> So are these people all that's left anywhere in their world? Or

Quite possibly.

Or, if Malice Ground Zero was north of the lakes, any survivors are
staying well the fuck away.  Including suicide before risking landfall
in Malice Central.

-xx- Damien X-)