[LMB] OT: Kindle DRM.

M R Dolbear fm little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 28 20:06:40 GMT 2019

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019, at 19:55, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:02:03 -0500, "M R Dolbear fm"
> <little.egret at dolbear.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, 26 Jan 2019, at 03:29, Howard Brazee wrote:
> >> Discussion can be found on
> >> https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/drm-removal-tools-for-ebooks/comment-page-45/#comment-66947
> >
> >I agree with the comments that suggest you made a slip somewhere and should clear everything and try again.
> >
> >When I try the "Download via USB" I get the file
> >
> >Knife Children (The Sharing Knife series).azw3
> >
> >And this is the only file type a Kindle e-reader can handle.
>
> Not so, sadly.  https://fileinfo.com/extension/kfx

Which reference says what I said (possibly not quite accurately)

Notice  Kindle e-reader is not included.

==
To open and view eBooks saved in the KFX format, Amazon provides a Kindle app for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. You can also use Calibre
==

--
Little Egret by email
Michael Dolbear in Walton-on-Thames