[LMB] Sharing knife: Things lost

Corrina Lawson corrinaannelawson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 01:14:06 GMT 2019

Not that we know much of how the malices were created but, my own head
canon is that they were basically flung magically all over the place in the
destruction of the ultimate magic weapon.

And there they lie, fallow, until they receive enough...whatever....to form
into a malice. (Enough insect grounds?).

So, really, there wasn't a plan for this apocalyptic event and the
survivors stumbled onto what worked by trial and error--which may explain
why so much of the world is blighted. It took that much trial and error to
develop a system.

Then the survivors, who became Lakewalkers, did their best to pass that
down, and left instructions on how urgent killing the malices were. It
could be they tried the equivalent of farmer grounds early on and that
didn't work, so they forbade their use and basically forbade interbreeding,
lest whatever gene the Lakewalkers had to allow affinity to the malices was
lost.

Now, whether the farmers really lack affinity, or the original experiment
didn't take into account everything, is unknown. But given that Lakewalkers
and farmers do produce kids--and I suspect more than each side would
admit---well...

Still, given the Lakewalkers extended lifespan, there must be some genetic
differences between farmers and Lakewalkers.

Corrina

www.corrina-lawson.com