[LMB] Sharing Knife: What's out there?

quietann quietann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 19:36:31 GMT 2019

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 8:31 PM Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> > So where are all the brave explorers? They found Easter Island with
> CANOES
> > for heaven's sake, and it's just a speck in a REALLY big ocean. Thor
> Heyerdahl
> > got across most of the Pacific on woven rafts. It can be done, it has
> been done.
>

> For all we know, they crossed.   But didn’t come back.

Entirely possible, I think. A place without blight bogles or malices would
be a paradise, and so relieving that the explorers might just stop right
there, without communicating further with the folks back home.

The alternative is much worse -- malices or blight bogles or something
worse in those distant places, and no immediate way to fight them.

Ann
quietann at gmail.com

aka "The Accidental Jewess"