[LMB] Conestoga Wagons, marketing, sequels or continuations

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 17:04:10 GMT 2019

     I miss out entirely on some discussions, some months,
so I'm thrilled to enjoy some time, now, to consider the latest
in the WGW. If I over-do it, I beg you  consider it all part of my
 long-term average.

When TSK:4 was new and fresh, did anyone ever comment upon
the color scheme of Calla and Sage's wagon?

"New painted green with fine curling yellow stripes"

John Deere Green, or I'm a pirate.

     The "arching canvas roof" too.  I've a remark from
Her Ladyship expressing some displeasure that the
publisher resisted putting a "wild west" Conestoga wagon
with a happy pair of newly-weds on the cover of book aimed
at the SF and Fantasy audience.  Makes me wonder if, once
the rights revert, a revised cover and new marketing
scheme might offer the TSK in other genres in special e-
edition "romance/western/fantasy" .         I noticed last night that at least one e-marketing
platform is marketing "Knife Children" as _The Sharing
Knife (Book 5)_.

     I rather hope, instead this represents _Knife
Children (Book One).  After all, the WGW has introduced
not merely the children of the STK4 epilog.  There are
Calla and Sage's children; Indigo (when he matures
sufficiently -- and which of his genetic heritages will
dominate his full maturity?) and his children; Any of the
children of the mixed-marriages around Half Moon Cutoff in
the far south; and most curiously, the abandoned children
of Crane.  The contrast between Crane and Barr -- Wow!
And for that matter, adding another very parallel
circumstance, Crane and Barr and Indigo Axe's unnamed
Lakewalker harness-maker father. Lots of meat on THOSE
bones to chew on.

     So, 'Write Lois Write'.  And in encouragement of
that, to all the friends of listies here, we must
organize, and encourage, and 'Buy, fans, Buy!'  The meat
on the bones of the next story only arises if the last
story puts meat on the author's table.