[LMB] Sharing Knife: The Raintree malice

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:09:52 GMT 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:36 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> (And he
> tells her she's beguiled by Dag - couldn't a Lakewalker tell?)

Can they?  We know that they know it works, but we don't know if they know
the mechanism. There is Dag's discovery of bouncing ground *boing boing
boing* when they are on the road next book, but there's no talk of sharing
grounds in these 2 books.  Just being "open" and how every falls into sync
during a bow-down or, um, other moments.

So maybe they know beguilement exists, but not why: rather like people know
not to touch that nasty tri-leaf with the red veins, but don't know the
specifics of the oil on the leaf. *itch itch itch itch*

Sylvia
suddenly remembering a scene in The Sherwood Ring where the doctor says,
Didn't he realize it was a patch of poison ivy? And the city bred
soldier... hadn't.  Owie.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/061817737X/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i1
Poor old book, it should be a classic but it seems to be forgotten, along
with her other book The Perilous Gard which I loved to pieces.