[LMB] Historical Speculation

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:43:52 BST 2019

I know there's a Vormuir, so some of those English settlers were probably
British, and included some Scots (there's Scots everywhere.) And we know
that many districts retain a lot of their founders' culture - there's Greekie
hicks Districts, and French Districts, and a lot that are predominantly
Russian or English.

So right now one of my fondest mental images is of one District that had a
founding Count who had Scottish heritage. So... his House uniform, and the
uniforms of his armsmen..... KILTS!!!!!

There has to be ONE District that proudly wears the kilt, at least for formal
occasions.

Barrayar AND kilts..... *happy sigh*

(Yes, I'm shallow. I need happy thoughts.)