[LMB] Fwd: Re: Octopi OT: (WAS:- Penric Reread)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 08:58:16 BST 2019

From: Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com>

For a while the US dress uniform included spiked helmets, and some British
units' dress uniform feature them as well.  See the opening of the fourth
season of *Blackadder*.

Gwynne: A while ago when sorting out some stuff I came across a flat metal
eagle, basically. Couldn't figure out what it was but since it was old (it was with
my grandfather's stuff - WWI era) I send a pic to the Australian Museum. Turns
out it was from a German helmet. Yes, the spiky ones. It's amazing the bits and
pieces he brought back from the trenches.