[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 169, Issue 40

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 23:50:20 BST 2019

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:29 AM Doug Weinfield <douglasw at his.com> wrote:

> I think this is error, as the Five can act in the world only through
> humans, animals, or plants, if I recall the text correctly.

1)  The Fifth is part demon. As such, it's possible he has slightly more
influence.
2)  Who says the gods wouldn't have been working through someone?  If the
gods can reach through someone to send a demon to rip the soul out of
someone else, I fail to see why they couldn't arrange one little heart
attack.