[LMB] Penric reread, the very beginning (was: Re: Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 169, Issue 40)

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Tue Jul 2 23:04:23 BST 2019

Oh, we mortals can push or influence the minds & souls of others. There is an entire industry in the 20th Century & later culture devoted to just that, and it is making toms of money, the results being very akin to black magic.

Three guesses which industry I mean, and it dominates TV and radio and the Internet and sends people into frenzies of buying "things they can't afford for people they don't like who can't use the things anyway" at every holiday in the calendar, religious or secular.