[LMB] Nudging

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 16:45:41 BST 2019

Gwynne speaks of the Dratsub's efforts to:

>nudge [ Ruchia ]  onto that road
>at that time - which isn't difficult, look at all the nudges Caz had

A traveler, in a horse-based economy, is more easily influenced than we
may easily appreciate in our own petro-mechanical era.  Consider
how the first apparent or documented nudge Caz got was when a
Daughter's Guardsman's horse twitched at just the moment needed
to lose a grip on a golden coin.  Later Caz gets his mules. Other
examples are left as an exercise for the class. Still I suggest: to bend
the schedule of a pair of riders to a fated rendezvous, the riders' plans
and feeling can be nearly ignored so long as the _steed's_ mind,
(such as it is) remains open and, uhm, nudge-able.