[LMB] Sorcerous Keyboards

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jul 4 02:30:14 BST 2019

On Thu, Jul 04, 2019 at 12:08:01AM +0000, Harvey Fishman wrote:
> I like the IBM Model M.
>
> Harvey

The best keyboard I've ever used, bar none, is the original PC/XT
keyboard. clicky, clicky, clicky. Wonderful feel to type on, horrible
noise if you have to be near someone using it.

When the PC/AT came out, I thought the keyboard felt cheapened and
not as good a feel. I believe that is the famous model M. i grant
you its better than 99.99% of the keyboards out there, but still
not up to the XT keyboard.

I am currently using a low-end Leopold keyboard, FC200RT/KB, with
arrow keys hd insert/home/del/end/pgup/pgdown but no numeric keypad,
with MX/brown switches. It is decent, has a pleasant feel, but I'd
like more tactile feedback for my next one. Also not as good a feel
to it as either the M or the original Xt keyboard. :(

Unicomp allegedly sells keyboards using the same mechanisms as
the model M. I admit to having never used or even seen one in the
flesh.

Fred

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.