[LMB] OT: Downside of eBooks

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sun Jul 7 16:07:03 BST 2019

I have done Transfer By Computer for lack of WiFi at home, and then "Open containing folder" from Download, then Copy … open little file folder icon … paste into My Ebooks (on hard drive) and then Copy, go to Kindle, Documents (under Kindle), Paste, voila!

And for backup I copy my entire (hard drive) Documents file, of which My Ebooks is a subset, onto a thumb drive. Hasn't failed me yet!

Another way to get around the entire DRM thing - if you have the shelf space or a private deal with your local library - is to also buy the print version as well as the ebook, and have it at hand at home.

Yours from a little technophobe Little Old Lady living in Retropia, Florida.