[LMB] TSK - Lessons to learn

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:00:27 BST 2019

Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> And if you see giant bats, it's not a good sign.

I'd say that that depends on the circumstances.  In and of themselves,
giant bats would be kind of cool.  It's always interesting to see how
a living thing lives, *especially* if it's working against extreme
limitations.  (I except most human celebrities, particularly those who
operate against the limits of sanity or ethics.  I'm fine with giant
bugs, but giant douchebags revolt me.)  To me, there would be a problem
only if the giant bats were a danger to me or others, or if they were
an indication of some other problem.  As is the situation in the book,
of course.   But a giant bat that somehow slurped down its own weight
in mosquitos every day?  Can I have some more, please?

Joel