[LMB] seal motto

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Tue Jul 9 04:09:32 BST 2019

The feather at the pivot point?

Or, really, any phrase from that passage. (And the Bastard grant us in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding.)  But I like the feather phrase best for this, because it's perhaps the most obscure.  And for someone reading Paladin _after_ wherever this comes, it could well be a moment of illumination -- oh! _that's_ what that obscure motto means!

However, it does not seem to have quite the same thrust as "be careful what you wish for."

Katherine