[LMB] seal motto

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:27:44 BST 2019

As it happens, I was rereading A Wrinkle in Time last night, and so the
following is fresh in my memory:

1 Corinthians 25-28

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God
> is stronger than men.  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many
> wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:  But
> God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and
> God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which
> are mighty;  And base things of the world, and things which are despised,
> hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things
> that are

Also Ecclesiastes 9:11

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not the swift, nor the
> battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men
> of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance
> happeneth to them all.

The Bastard's Motto should have that sort of flavor.  But we can't just
steal a reference, because those works never existed in the 5GW.