[LMB] seal motto

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 12 04:24:52 BST 2019

Matthew George (matt.msg at gmail.com) wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:27 PM Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> A man switches from
>> the Son to the Father when he's fathered a child, even if he doesn't
>> know about it
> Hold everything - do we actually know that?  We have examples of men who
> fathered children that they didn't publicly acknowledge and their families
> didn't know about.  But I don't recall any examples of men who were fathers
> yet ignorant of the fact who changed gods.

Well, the exact wording is "Although it was not unknown for this moment
of a funeral to be the first notice surviving family had that the member
they buried had an unexpected child somewhere."  I'd assumed that the
dead person also was ignorant of that fact, though it's possible that
they knew but had managed to keep it secret from their family.

Joel