[LMB] “Nikys seems to have chosen to take up the Bastard”???

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Fri Jul 12 15:25:00 BST 2019

On Jul 12, 2019, at 8:28 AM, Doug Weinfield <douglasw at his.com> wrote:

> Someone said that “Nikys seems to have chosen to take up the Bastard.”
>
> Can anyone point me to text supporting this?  I don’t recall any, and it feels like an itch I can’t scratch.

Well, Nikys IS a bastard.  Her mother was the concubine, while Adelis is the twin-from-another-mother son of their father’s wife.

So, it appears that being illegitimate trumps being a young woman and thus belonging to the Daughter?  Though perhaps when and if she has children, she would transfer to the Mother?

Katherine