[LMB] “Nikys seems to have chosen to take up the Bastard”???

Rebecca Price becca7108 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:12:14 BST 2019

The question I have is how much one can choose one's God, or is ascribed to
a God by others.  A person could be illegitimate and given to the Bastard,
but choose (or be chosen by) one of the other gods depending on personality
traits that develop as they grow.

On Friday, July 12, 2019, Katherine Collett <kcollett at hamilton.edu> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2019, at 8:28 AM, Doug Weinfield <douglasw at his.com> wrote:
> >
> > Someone said that “Nikys seems to have chosen to take up the Bastard.”
> >
> > Can anyone point me to text supporting this?  I don’t recall any, and it
> feels like an itch I can’t scratch.
>
> Well, Nikys IS a bastard.  Her mother was the concubine, while Adelis is
> the twin-from-another-mother son of their father’s wife.
>
> So, it appears that being illegitimate trumps being a young woman and thus
> belonging to the Daughter?  Though perhaps when and if she has children,
> she would transfer to the Mother?
>
> Katherine

What is a book but the trail of words on paper left behind by a wandering
mind?