[LMB] Need to borrow a demon for a small job

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Jul 15 22:29:02 BST 2019

No requests in return from me, just gratitude. I’ll feed the sorcerer.

We have at least a dozen flies who broke into our house. We’ve set out Terro antbaits, but we’ve still got incomers. There are June bugs at the porch light, earwigs in the soil, something leaving white spots on the mint and basil, and slugs. The crawlies seem to be more than our friendly lizard clan can handle.

Five places which should have had fly tape/strips/ribbons, including two I called, have only something complicated for outdoor use only, and not near windows or doors. Allegedly a sixth place has them on shelves, just not the brand I thought I wanted.

If said demon likes grassy weeds, flowering heavy pollen weeds, and a bit of non-fruiting Himalayan blackberry, have I got a treat for you: both side strips and the entire back yard. From two rainy seasons . . .

Culinary Digression:
Trader Joe’s has brought back the mango JoJos, and the short supply of GF mochi cake mix promoted requests at the website to get more. Summer of next year should see them again—and I’m getting a case.

I tried to make limpa bread with white whole wheat instead of bread flour, both from King Arthur flour and there was no gluten adhesion. I also learned earlier this year that baking hot cross buns and a loaf of stollen (same recipe, except for the icing) produced rocks. Data points acquired, at least. Someone I sent that stollen loaf will get a decent one later in the year, by way of apology.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala