[LMB] Chosen God, was seal motto

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 16 03:09:21 BST 2019

On Sun, July 14, 2019 9:08 pm, Damien Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 01:29:31PM +0000, Gwynne Powell wrote:
>

>> One thing that's clear: the gods will go to enormous trouble to save
>> every soul that they can. (And is it my imagination, or was the
>> Daughter, when guiding Caz
>> on his path, a lot more subtle and delicate than the Son when heading
>> Penric
>> and the Shaman to the right place at the right time?)
>
> I'm guessing the Son doesn't get many saints.  What it takes to be a
> saint is kind of the opposite of being Son-like, bold and brash and
> imposing your will on the world.  Shamans and spirit-warriors almost seem
> like a saint-alternative for the Son.

One wonders - the Daughter's saints, and the B*stard's, seem to go for
more subtlety, but maybe the Son does ride with warriors or heroes...
consider how Ijada was able to kill Prince Boleso.  Nothing says all the
gods have to have the same delicacy of touch, after all.

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"