[LMB] OT: 'mobi' metadata question

Michael Bauminger lmblist at mikebomb.com
Fri Jul 19 09:12:37 BST 2019

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:31 PM ,  Michael Bauminger  wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible, using Calibre or another tool, to
> edit the metadata of an unencrypted .mobi book without completely
> "converting" the books?

It's kind of weird responding to my own post, but I've discovered this
issue goes beyond metadata. I've successfully changed the metadata in
some of the files but it did not matter. When I delete from then re-load
those books to my phone, the original title still shows in the Kindle
app Library and in the books Title Page when they are opened by the
Kindle app.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them.

-- Michael