[LMB] SP: New Revelations

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 15:28:11 BST 2019

Just to be sure, spoiler space

Okay, now that's done.

There are whole bunch of revelations in *Orphans*, but none so shocking as
the regional map that appears before the story begins.

I'd been trying to mentally associate the various named countries and their
properties to real-world counterparts.  In particular, I guessed that Adria
was southern Italy - we don't associate that region with swamps and malaria
today, but that's because the Romans did a whole lot of draining.  But the
map explodes that completely - the Italian peninsula doesn't exist!  And
Africa itself might not exist!

Oh, and the motto of the Fifth God's Order is "No Hands But Ours".  I like
it.  It's ironic, though, that He has more non-human hands than any other
of the Five, as the talk with Adelis establishes.

Matt "the symmetry is now officially broken" G.