[LMB] essay question

Lois Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Fri Jul 19 21:26:05 BST 2019

So...

Baen has asked me to write an into to the upcoming (in January) first
Penric collection on paper, to be titled /Penric's Progress/.  (I'll
blog about this after the launch flurry for the new novella is over.)

What sorts of things do you, as readers, like to see in such intros?

How the 5GU books came to be written is one suggestion, though that can
border on showing folks how sausage is made.  Relatedly, something about
the world, though my worldbuilding tends to show-don't-tell.  Brief
remarks on the other books and stories, because advertising.  Length can
be anything from a short sort of 500-word hi-there to a 5k word essay.
Thoughts?

Ta, L.  Halfway to slacking off, caught at the doorway.