[LMB] essay question

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Sat Jul 20 01:42:01 BST 2019

One thing that might be interesting is to discuss reader responses to
the Penric stories particularly, and maybe the whole 5GU reader response.

The theology might be interesting -- we've seen a lot more of the
B*stard than the others, but (for instance) how do the Five relate
to each other, and in particular the B*stard to the other gods (is
there animosity? do they cooperate? what happens if one has conflicting
goals?  what do they do and how do they relate to humans?)

Tony Z

On Fri, July 19, 2019 3:26 pm, Lois Bujold wrote:
> So...
>

> Baen has asked me to write an into to the upcoming (in January) first
> Penric collection on paper, to be titled /Penric's Progress/.  (I'll
> blog about this after the launch flurry for the new novella is over.)
>
> What sorts of things do you, as readers, like to see in such intros?
>

> How the 5GU books came to be written is one suggestion, though that can
> border on showing folks how sausage is made.  Relatedly, something about
> the world, though my worldbuilding tends to show-don't-tell.  Brief
> remarks on the other books and stories, because advertising.  Length can
>  be anything from a short sort of 500-word hi-there to a 5k word essay.
>  Thoughts?
>

> Ta, L.  Halfway to slacking off, caught at the doorway.

Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"