[LMB] essay question

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 07:27:11 BST 2019

 So...

Baen has asked me to write an into to the upcoming (in January) first
Penric collection on paper, to be titled /Penric's Progress/.  (I'll
blog about this after the launch flurry for the new novella is over.)

What sorts of things do you, as readers, like to see in such intros?

How the 5GU books came to be written is one suggestion, though that can
border on showing folks how sausage is made.  Relatedly, something about
the world, though my worldbuilding tends to show-don't-tell.  Brief
remarks on the other books and stories, because advertising.  Length can
be anything from a short sort of 500-word hi-there to a 5k word essay.
Thoughts?

Ta, L.  Halfway to slacking off, caught at the doorway.

--
Micki:Of course, you'll want to cover the who-what-when-where-why, but in a story like Penric, or the whole 5GU, we could ask a million questionsand still not be finished.
What I like reading about is the writer's process. When I was re-readingPenric and the Fox, I flashed back to that lovely little anecdote about baby foxes in your backyard.