[LMB] essay question

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 07:29:57 BST 2019

On Saturday, July 20, 2019, 06:20:15 AM GMT+9, Luke Bretscher <rocketman0739 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 3:26 PM Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:

> So...
>
> Baen has asked me to write an into to the upcoming (in January) first
> Penric collection on paper, to be titled /Penric's Progress/.  (I'll
> blog about this after the launch flurry for the new novella is over.)
>
> What sorts of things do you, as readers, like to see in such intros?

I do like seeing behind the scenes, but I'm going to be a bit
off-the-wall and suggest having a fictional character write the
introduction. Maybe a scholar of Cazaril's day who has (supposedly)
been discovering and publishing the memoirs of Penric's adventures?

Luke

--
Micki: Oh! I like this very much: the writer of the Chronicles of Penric
gets a chance to write your forward (-:. I love it when you do alternative