[LMB] Not Right (long)

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 20 09:34:47 BST 2019

From: WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>

To get to my personal experience (this is why I was going to rant.) my granddaughter Elanor (actress, type 1 diabetic) lost her diabetes bag. The bag contains her insulin, syringes, emergency injection for if she loses consciousness by going low, candy so it won?t get that bad, and documentation showing what she?s eaten, what shots she?s had and the effect so the doctor can adjust her treatment. Her blue bag was shaped like a TARDIS. Here parents have gone back to every place they had been but it was not found. The only conclusion I have come to is that it was found and either taken or thrown away.
BTW, diabetic syringes, if I understand correctly, are not useful for the injection of illegal drugs.
Okay, this is something I don?t understand. Why would an adult take such a bag and what parent who?s child did would not turn it in? That?s just not right.

Gwynne: Most likely a kid found it, and was attracted by the cute bag. Checked the
contents, ate the lollies and tossed the rest, and kept the bag. If/when parents
noticed it and asked about the new bag, the child said vaguely that she found it.
Parents didn't think it was worth handing in a used, empty bag some time after it
was found, not realising what had been in it. The kid never realised that the contents
were important, just thought she'd been lucky to find something someone else
had lost or didn't want. None of it was malice, just lack of understanding.